Thursday, April 20, 2006

Getting a Haircut

I have a very simple hair cut; clippers at 3/4 inch. Trust me it's not a very difficult hair cut and in fact I do it myself almost all of the time. Yesterday I decided that a professional should do it every now and again. So I hopped over to a local shop during my lunch break.

Sat down and told the person the hair cut I wanted. They were quite surprised and questioned if I really wanted a 3/4 inch cut. I understood because it was a while back that I last cut my hair and it was around 2 inches at this point. After relating this information they didn't seem to believe me and brought out the guard. I confirmed that's the one I wanted and they set out to work.

A bit later I was quite curious why the clipper's didn't run over the top of my head. The barber started with scissors instead. Not terribly disturbed by this I said nothing. To my shock they shortly later informed me they were done. The hair on the top of my head was clearly longer than the sides.

I told them to take it down some more and that I wanted it all the same length. They agreed but still used the scissors!!! The barber informed me that they didn't like to use clippers on the top of heads. Whatever, just get the haircut right. Several minutes later they pronounced me done.

Can you guess? Yes, the hair on top of my head was still longer. Even worse, I could tell the hair at the backside of the top of my head was even longer. So now I have 3 lengths of hair 3/4 sides, 1 inch top and 1 1/2 inch top back. I paid and left before they could add a few more random lengths. I finished the job this morning with my own clippers.

Why on earth won't they just use the clippers!!! It's so simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home