Friday, May 19, 2006

Crash (The movie)

I had no interest in seeing this movie until it won the "Best Picture" award this year. I didn't want to see it mostly because I hadn't heard anything about it. Like most times I should have trusted my original instincts.

The movie was not terrible but it wasn't very interesting either. It's message is no different than several other movies I've seen and in several ways is much more dry and weak. Certainly not deserving of an Academy Award for Best Picture. I now understand why Brokeback and Capote felt robbed.

A much more deserving movie in the same genre is "American History X" which didn't even recieve a best picture nomination in 1999. It's such a superior movie to Crash that it speaks volumes about the quality of movies being produced in Holywood now as opposed to 5 years ago.

The giant Hollywood suck machine rolls on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home